• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help.. Sleeping Disorder or what?

Ant0lak

Bluelighter
I wake up nearly every night sweating after having lucid dreams. This happens nearly every night and half the time the dreams are about drugs. I also get sleep paralysis episodes pretty often which are anything but pleasant. Started like 18 months ago when I started getting sleep paralysis first times in my life. It got particularly worse when I suffered heroin withdrawls or alcohol hangovers. I've been heroin-free 4 months now and I thought after WD's go away I'd stop having these uncomfortable nightmares, but it didnt. Last four months only drugs I've done was DXM, three deliriants, and smoked weed like 2 times. After the three times I took deliriants the dreams were still there but at least I didn't wake up sweating. Usually I wake up sweating even if its like 50 deg F in the room which is really uncomfortable. Anyone know how I can get a peaceful nights sleep with no overwhelming dreams, sleep paralysis, and sweating? Only thing I found so far that prevents this is stay up for days until i pass out from exhaustion, but thats not really practical.

I would suggest a mixture of Kava Kava, Hops, Valerian, and Rose Hips.
I have a sleep aid capsule with this combination, originally bought for insomnia.
Prior to regular use of these, I had vivid dreams of mass destruction. (Tidal Waves, Nulear Explosions, Mass Suicide, etc) and they have since dissapated.

Thx im going to give this a try.. btw is this a tea mixture? I remember when I used smoke marijuana regularly I never had dreams, I might go back to that routine dunno yet =/

Drug history is definitely a possible reason. If you're too uncomfortable to give your doctor details about it, then I'd suggest trying melatonin supplements or some other sleeping aid.

Thx im going to give this a try.. btw is this a tea mixture? I remember when I used smoke marijuana regularly I never had dreams, I might go back to that routine dunno yet =/

You definitely don't have to go back to smoking pot to achieve disorder-free sleep. Sykoknot gave some good suggestions, Kava Kava and Valerian are definitely worth a try. I also use Chamomile tea to sleep, and a product called Badgers Sleep Balm. My sister gave it to me for my birthday this year and I've been using it every night since, it works a real treat! I am also a regular sufferer of sleep paralysis and I haven't had a single episode after I've used the balm. I also try to avoid red wine and cheese before bed (these have both been documented to increase nightmares, and have done so in me as well).

Good luck! <3

Thank you I'm ordering this Badgers Sleep Balm, looks promising. I never used herbal teas or medicines before so I'm very interested, hopefully it helps.

^^ Let us know how it goes. I hope it works well for you :)